Some folks are hitting an issue where they cannot view images after installing WinFx on Windows XP.
Follow these steps:
- Good idea is to scan your system with good Antispyware / antivirus software and fix system errors with this tool, as it will save you from many annoying problems.
- Uninstall WinFx
- Uninstall the WIC redistributable package by running: %windir%\$NtUninstallWIC$\spuninst\spuninst.exe
- If you really need it, reinstall WinFx and verify that WindowsCodecs.dll and WindowsCodecsExt.dll are in %windir%\system32
- Workaround for WinFX image issue
- cannot view images after installing WinFX
- crashing with Expression Interactive Designer
- EID menus don’t drop down, and shortcut keys cause a crash
- problems by Windows Presentation Foundation SDK